4th Annual Nationwide Coding Contest 2019Official Contest Rules
Official Contest Rules
1. Sponsor. This contest is sponsored by Central Learning.
2. Contest Period. This contest begins on July 15, 2019 and ends on August 15, 2019. All assigned cases must be coded and submitted through the Central Learning application no later than 11:59 PM ET on August 15, 2019.
3. Contest Description/Eligibility. No purchase necessary. This contest is limited to the United States and is open to coders aged 18 years or older at the time of submission who are legal residents of the United States and physically located within United States (excluding Arizona). This contest is void where prohibited by law.
4. How to Enter. Visit www.centrallearning.com/codingcontest/ during the open enrollment dates July 1, 2019 through August 15, 2019 and follow the instructions to submit an entry form. Coding Guidelines will be made available to all contestants upon contest entry. All entries become the property of Aviance Suite Inc and will not be acknowledged or returned. Limit one entry per coder. Entries are only valid if all cases are coded by August 15, 2019. Aviance Suite, in its sole, reasonable discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any contestants and/or entries by coders determined to be tampering with or abusing any aspect of this contest or product.
5. Prize Description. There will be  prize winner:
- $1,000 for the outpatient coder with highest average accuracy and productivity scores across 30 outpatient cases (includes 15 ambulatory surgery cases and 15 emergency department cases). Score calculated by the Central Learning software.
In the case of a tie, the earliest completion date will be used to determine the winner.
6. Taxes. All federal, state and/or local income and other taxes and duties, if any, are the winner’s sole responsibility.
7. Winner Selection. Coding results will be automatically calculated by the Central Learning software. Results will be shared on or before September 14, 2019.
8. Winner Notification. Winners will be notified by mail, email and/or telephone. If a winner cannot be contacted due to undeliverable notifications and/or does not respond within 5 business days from the date that Central Learning first tries to notify him/her, such potential winner forfeits all rights to win the contest or receive the prize. An alternate potential winner will be selected. Central Learning assumes no responsibility for lost, late, misdirected communications and/or any computer, online, telephone, or technical malfunctions that may occur. No substitution, transfer, or assignment of the prize is permitted.
9. General Conditions. Coders agree to abide by the terms of these official rules and by the decisions of Central Learning, which are final and binding on all matters pertaining to this promotion. Acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Central Learning to use the winners’ names and likenesses for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. Central Learning takes no position on whether the winner’s acceptance of the prize is in compliance with coder’s employer’s policies or other guidelines, rules, laws, or regulations to which the coder may be subject.
10. Limitation of Liability. By entering, coders release and hold harmless Central Learning/Aviance Suite Inc. and its respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees, and agents from any and all liability or any injuries, loss, or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with this contest or any prize won.